Tuesday 31 July 2012

Stormy

Olympics! I love the Olympics! I will watch anything. I love the athleticism and the mostly naked buff dudes. Gymnastics, beach volleyball and anything in the pool is my fav (swimming, diving, synchro swim and diving, water polo). I feel pain watching the rowing and road cycling, it looks so hard! I also like the weightlifting. They kept mentioning Beijing in 2008 and I was confused as to why I had no memories of those games then I realized that I lived in the bush that summer with very very limited contact with "civilization". This is explains it. And I also enjoyed the weirdness and flag waving that was the opening ceremonies despite the fact that I thought Canada looked liked a bunch of sloppy stoners in their track jackets and khakis. Waaaay too cas' for opening ceremonies I thought. I tended to like the ladies that looked like flight attendants. Sweden had the cutest cas' outfits of any country. What is everyone's favourite stuff to watch?

Out on the Drake-ster! That crap on my shorts is the sticky from my backstage pass that hasn't come off in 3 washes and is no longer sticky. It is now part of the short...meh.


I found this pink feather earring on the ground when I stopped to take a picture of this house. Lookit me, imma hipster! I love that house in the background and by luck I have been inside it (a very strange old lady owned it and it was full of very strange old things)


My eyes saw something different than this actually was. I saw a bunny, a tiny bunny skull...do you see it? tell me you do and I am not crazy. It was actually just a piece of fluff.



Check out my new sandals! So I managed to fix my old haggard old pink ones and they lasted about 3ish days of my regular excessive walking and they busted on Saturday night. I broke out some old ones and they hurt my feet after a couple hours so there was no way I was putting up with that noise. They have changed the colorways this year is black and "royal" (purple) instead of black and pink and white and black instead of white and bright blue. They were also $10 off because they were starting to get rid of their sandal stock. I bought 2 pairs. One for now and the other one I shoved in the back of the closet. I am loving the purple and the squish of a new sandal. These are the only flip flops I will wear and they are AH-MAH-ZING. Adidas did not pay me to say that but they can send me lots and lots of free sandals if they want (these are the Juutanda sandal if anyone was curious).


We had a totally insane storm the other night. It was the craziest storm that has happened since we have lived here. The wind was gusting to at least 100kms up here in the sky and the rain was swirling and falling up if that even makes sense. Check out the clouds just before the storm. It always looks like the apocalypse up here when a big storm is brewing. All blurry because by this point the wind was fucking crazy strong and I was fighting to keep a steady balance.





I had no idea what was going on from far back because the storm was very clearly behind this smoke looking stuff. For half a second I thought west Broadway was burning.


I figured it out as the storm moved closer my way. The wind went from light to gusting to 80kms within seconds. The wind was kicking up all the dust on the ground and swirling it in the air. That is all dust, no rain yet.


Then the rain came. The storm was intense. I saw shit blowing off peoples balconies, glass shattering on the ground. The whole balcony was soaked. The roof, the walls and the patio doors. That never happens. I looked out and it looked like a snow storm at one point the rain was coming down so hard. Obviously there was no way I was going on the balcony with the camera for that. Husbie already hates that I stand out there for the crazy winds and build up to the storm. That is my most favourite part. He is worried I am going to lose my balance and blow off or that the railing is going to somehow come off. He's sweet to worry.

The calm after the storm.


It left just as quick as it came and as I was taking this picture I noticed the water taxi slowly creeping out from the bridge. It had been out there for the whole storm and had to seek shelter under the bridge. I would have been totally terrified!


This is the aftermath. Every single street I went down had at least one massive tree on the street plus tons and tons of little branches, medium branches and big  branches everywhere. Super damaging.








I discovered this pile of free crap sitting on the boulevard. I am big sucker for a pile of free crap and have been inside more than one dumpster. I forgot to tell you that on Friday as we were walking to the art show Miss Em found a very very new looking lulu men's scuba on the ground and scooped it up before I had a chance. Uber jealy! It's a good thing I love her.


An array of goods


GOOSEBUMPS! If you went to elementary school in the early 90s you remember these!


I took a pair of barely used BearClaw brand mid-calf brown suede boots, 3 books and a stack of comic books for one of the husband's co-workers who is into that and a few ones for me for scrapbooking and creating.


Lonewolf on a roundabout. He was actually sprayed on all four of the signs on the roundabout. I like you can see my reflection, so shiny!


Bunny Boo


This shot looked much nicer in small version and would have been lovely had I spent a little more time on composition (99% of all bike ride pictures are taken on the baby camera)


New tagging "NUM". It has gone up within the past week and is marker usually on metal like signs, dumpsters and these hydro boxes.


Here it is on my dumpster with the dumpster... NUM <3's you


This is not a trick of the light. The hedge was legit 2 different colors. Light green on the top couple inches and dark green on the bottom. It looked like some kind of hedge cake with lime green icing. It has been such a good growing season this year lots of rain and lots of hot hot sun.




A weathervane pretending to be a cock...oh wait


The books I took. The far left one looked good, the middle one's title was too funny not to take even though it's a tween novel and the third I grabbed because it is the sequel to The Hatchet which husbie likes.


Pile o' comic books



Muthafuckin' NINTENDO bitches!



This was the oldest one in the lot only 30 cents!


Classic comic book imagery


While I was rummaging through the box of comic books I found a sealed water damaged envelope addressed with no postage. Of course I took it! It contained a letter, a pin with a record on it and a Canadian dime. The letter said

Hello Sarah,

How are you and what have you been up to? In Canada I have been sitting on my butt all week from 5:30 to when ever my parents wake up. Yay me! Then after that I do what the masters want me to like writing this letter. I really just want to talk to you not write. I hate writing as much as I hate a kid in my class in Connly (school in Chicago). Have fun with your friends at your sleep away camp.

Your crazy friend
Cain



I also found this strange homemade postcard. So random, I love it!



When I was at the mall getting my new sandals I also purchased some new hoops since my old ones are done. The kiddie accessory stores always have earrings buy 2 get one free. I am soooo in love with my new hoops and you'll just have to wait to see them in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment